Modernize financial operations using Power BI
About the client
The client is a leading financial consulting company that has provided its customers with innovative and effective solutions for their corporate finance needs since its inception. They help businesses achieve long-term financial security through wellness solutions that help them plan, save, and invest.
- The client used multiple data source systems for tracking revenue and expenses (CAPEX and OPEX), which caused numerous problems in terms of accuracy and speed.
- Data consolidation across different regions to generate gross margin figures was time-consuming; collaboration among stakeholders was challenging with their current setup.
- They could not compare insights across periods and draw timely insights from their profit and loss statements—a critical deficit when the goal was a modernized financial reporting operation.
- PreludeSys implemented SharePoint, a central data store, to place all the client’s Excel files and build complex Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) functions and Power Queries (at Power BI level) to clean and standardize the information.
- We automated data validation while providing a secure platform with role-based authentication that enables users to evaluate metrics and prepare reports across any given time frame without manual intervention.
- The embedded Power BI report in combination with scheduled refreshes, offers powerful insights into all aspects of business operations.
- Power BI delivers impactful business insights.
- Unparalleled access to a single source of truth.
- Role and department-based data security.
- Automation reduced manual intervention.
- Exponential cost savings with real-time insights.
SharePoint, Microsoft Azure, Power BI