Process automation with Power Apps maintains data accuracy
About the client
The client is a leading manufacturer of durable, reliable, modular packaged equipment centers. They meet demanding delivery schedules with streamlined manufacturing production processes. They have three manufacturing facilities in North America.
- The client’s project management data were scattered across multiple Excel reports exported from an Oracle database.
- They manually prepared and updated their project KPIs which consumed time and effort.
- Monitoring these KPIs manually with their current setup was complex and tedious.
- PreludeSys developed a Canvas app to capture the project management data and imported these data from the Oracle database to the Dataverse through dataflows.
- We added view, insert, update, and delete options in the Power Apps UI with privileges based on the roles created in the Azure Active Directory.
- We implemented Power BI (and replaced Excel reports) to visualize their KPIs in the form of reports and dashboards. For certain business stakeholders, we exported data to Excel for their further manipulation.
- Automated the process and customized the UI.
- Canvas app eliminated manual operations.
- Power BI delivered insightful reports and dashboards.
- Advanced data analysis boosted business productivity.
- Project KPIs are accurately monitored and tracked.
Power Apps, Dataverse, Power BI, Dataflows, Oracle