On-demand, dynamic finance reports using Power BI
About the client
The client is one of the largest private, independent custodian firms committed to the evolving needs of advisors, financial institutions, businesses, and individual investors. They manage over a million accounts and several billion dollars worth of assets.
The client used a manual system and Excel spreadsheets to analyze the data, which produced less-than-ideal results and took time and effort. The system posed the following challenges:
- They manually captured revenues collected, call volumes handled, and other financial metrics.
- Managers failed to generate up-to-date reports for their departments with Excel.
- They wanted a system that automates data collection, analysis, and report generation.
PreludeSys’s expert team integrated Power BI into their existing SQL server and third-party systems, enabling them to generate on-demand, immersive and interactive reports. We used APIs for integration to customize reports based on their business needs.
- Consolidated and converted hundreds of Excel and SSRS reports into 10 Power BI reports with dynamic filtering options.
- Generated Power BI visuals for cash transactions, revenue generated, customer interactions, and historical growth trailing over 3 months up to 1 year.
- Power BI report automation retired hundreds of manual reports.
- On-demand reports for every business scenario.
- Eliminated several hours of manual effort.
- Dynamic reports showcased granular-level details.
Power BI, SQL Server