Organizations quickly outgrow their technology. Before you know it, your tech infrastructure is a maze of multiple internal and external systems. To stay agile and competitive, you need to ensure there is more visibility and unification of data. The tremendously increased number of data formats, data sources, applications, and technologies results in many limitations and challenges associated with enterprise integration. With Jitterbit you gain more control over your data, not the other way around.
Jitterbit ETL Data integration allows businesses to combine data residing at different sources to provide users with a real-time view of business performance. Most organizations today make use of the ETL data integration (extract, transform, and load) methodology for enterprise-wide integration for enhanced business outcomes.
ETL Data Integration – An Overview
ETL comes from data warehousing and stands for Extract-Transform-Load. ETL integration works by extracting data from the host, converting it into a structured format, and then loading it into a system. ETL integration tools perform several critical data integration functions including,
– accommodating varying data formats
– seamlessly moving data from a legacy system
– syncing data from the external ecosystem or overlapping systems (M&A)
– combining transactional data from a data store so it can be read and understood easily.
Process of ETL Data Integration
- Extract – The extraction process retrieves all the required raw data from an unstructured data pool, migrates the same to a data repository, and makes it accessible for processing.
- Transform –The transformation stage primarily involves a cleansing process that aims to correct data errors before loading them into the destination system. It includes structuring, cleansing, and converting the data to match with the target source accurately.
- Load – Loading is a process of pushing the structured data into the data warehouse to be analyzed properly. But, during this step, it is necessary to ensure that the load is performed correctly.
Capabilities of ETL integration
- ETL can combine the data from the source, make it easy and ready for the team to view in a format that can be easily understood.
- ETL provides strong historical context for the business with data warehouse and makes it easier to analyze and provide data relevant report to their initiatives.
- It can improve your data professionals’ productivity since it reuses processes that move data without need to write code or scripts.
- ETL is used to migrate data from legacy systems to modern systems with different data formats to consolidate data from business mergers.
- ETL supports all the emerging requirements, new data sources, and all sorts of big data (IoT, server logs, open, crowd sourced data)
- ETL ensures that data cleansing or processing is trustworthy. ETL tools integrate with data quality tools such as those used for data mapping and data lineage.
Jitterbit ETL for complex data integration
Data integration is no more a new concept. With the growing requirement for big data and sources, businesses are opting for data integration to get a consolidated view of the data to make informed business decisions.
Whether you are using ETL for Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, or legacy systems integration initiatives, compared to all the other ETL vendors in the market, Jitterbit’s powerful ETL tools and data integration solutions provide an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that simplifies data integration, reduce development costs, increase efficiencies, and eliminate risk. Jitterbit is an API Integration platform with combined APIs, integration, and artificial intelligence into one limitless platform. It is not simply an integration platform; it is a great open-source ETL tool that works very well with MySQL, SQL Server, and Oracle databases.It is a preferred choice by many organizations for data integration because it is designed to handle even the most complex tasks. It employs high-performance parallel processing algorithms that intelligently synchronize disparate computing platforms in a short time. Jitterbit can remove any complexity in data integration with its rich visual interface and wizard-driven tools. If you would like to explore more about Jitterbit ETL Integration,