With over 20,000 customers worldwide, Boomi is an enterprise integration platform that enjoys a large customer base. From Fortune 500 companies to growing enterprises, Boomi has enabled them to leverage iPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service) and has helped them grow exponentially. However, Boomi Cloud integration comes with several challenges. Businesses can eliminate these challenges if they clearly understand the Boomi deployment process and follow the best practices for Boomi implementation.
Best practices for Boomi implementation
Although many organizations prefer to create a standardized process for development and deployment, some best practices must be followed to ensure the deployment readiness of their system effortlessly.
- Use native Boomi functionality: It is advisable to use the native Boomi functionality for development to simplify the application’s overall maintenance. Additionally, they can use common, reusable frameworks and built-in connectors to increase efficiency.
- Using standard naming conventions: Following a standard naming convention across the Boomi environment helps you seamlessly navigate integration processes, operation names, process levels, objects, and sensitive data.
- Handling errors swiftly: Businesses must crosscheck to verify if the system sends alerts to the right people using the try & catch method generally used in exception handling.
- Create reusable folder structure: Enterprises should create reusable folders for future usage, and it is best to avoid nested folders to avoid confusion.
- Following performance guidelines: Businesses must add notes at every deployment stage, which helps them detect malfunctions or error instances. As the cache function occupies significant space in the memory, businesses should use it only when necessary.
Benefits of a customized Boomi integration
Customized Boomi integration ensures that enterprises can tune the platform to meet their specific business needs. Users can create a system based on their objective with a wide range of templates and process libraries. Collaborating with the right Boomi partner can help your business make the best out of your Boomi investment and ensure a seamless deployment.
Although many organizations prefer to create a standardized process for development and deployment, they should follow several best practices to ensure the deployment readiness of their system. These are:
- Companies of any size – micro, small, medium, and large, need an iPaaS platform to manage their operations.
- The basic deployment of the Boomi cloud integration system is void of any particular benefit for the user company.
- Customizations done by technical experts can help companies make the most of their Boomi integration.
- Finally, enterprises should follow the best practices of Boomi implementation to ensure a successful Boomi integration.
PreludeSys is an advanced Boomi partner with extensive experience in this arena and has deployed several successful Boomi integrations. In addition, PreludeSys offers Boomi Consulting, Implementation, and Boomi Managed services that help businesses maximize ROIs. Visit the PreludeSys website to learn more about our Boomi capabilities.